- Visa to serve as presenting partner for Disney100 in year-long collaboration across EMEA
- Disney100: The Concert, Disney100: The Exhibition, Wonder of Friendship: The Experience and Walt Disney Animation Studio’s Wish are just some of the activities supported by Visa in 2023
The Walt Disney Company Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) has teamed up with Visa, a world leader in digital payments, for a long-term, integrated campaign that will see it become the presenting partner for a wide range of Disney’s 100th anniversary experiences in 2023.
Visa, along with their issuing bank partners, will promote unique rewards and experiences with Disney that Visa cardholders can unlock throughout the year, inviting them to celebrate Disney’s 100th anniversary.
The Visa collaboration will touch every line of business across Disney EMEA – with a mix of event sponsorship and promotional support.
Some of the priority events for which Visa will be supporting include:
- Disney100: The Concert – a touring multimedia concert experience that features seminal music moments from Disney’s history including songs from Beauty & the Beast, Mary Poppins and Encanto and highlights from the worlds of Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. UK, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and France dates are already on sale.
- Disney100: The Exhibition– Disney is opening its vault of treasures to showcase hundreds of extraordinary pieces of history, including rarely seen original artwork, artefacts, costumes, props and other memorabilia. The European premiere is in Munich (from 18 April), and then the exhibit travels to London’s ExCeL in autumn 2023.
- Wonder of Friendship: The Experience– taking place between May-October across the UK, France and Germany (with more markets to be announced), this stunning pop-up experience marks 100 years of dynamic duos, unlikely pals and inseparable friends.
Visa’s multi-faceted campaign will also see significant above the line support promoting rewards, offers and content promotions, including:
- Walt Disney Animation Studios’ upcoming animated musical Wish, starring Ariana DeBose and directed by Chris Buck, an original animated story with all-new characters and original music by Julia Michaels, due for release on November 22, 2023.
- Disney’s theatrical shows across the EMEA region, including The Lion King, Frozen the Musical, Aladdin, Tarzan and AIDA.
- Pre-sale offers for Visa cardholders for Disney on Ice.
- 20% off shopDisney merchandise for select periods in markets across EMEA.
- A range of fantastic Disney prize packages throughout the year for Visa cardholders.
Kim Kadlec, Chief Marketing Officer, Europe, Visa, comments: “We are proud to play a part in celebrating 100 years of Disney, inviting Visa cardholders across Europe to unlock magical rewards and experiences as part of this very special anniversary.”
Nicole Morse, Vice President Brand and Franchise Marketing Strategy, Disney EMEA, said: “We are inspired by the fans and families who have brought us into their hearts over the last 100 years, creating magical and wondrous memories together. And with so many incredible events and experiences planned this year, working with Visa means even more people across Europe, the Middle East and Africa will have the chance to take part in the magic of Disney.”