- Limited edition TK Maxx collection features iconic Pixar characters for Red Nose Day
- Discover the whole Red Nose Day collection for women, men and kids, exclusively by clicking here
As Red Nose Day 2021 approaches, TK Maxx and its sub-brand Homesense have launched a range of products featuring Disney Pixar characters to raise money for Comic Relief. The limited edition chari-tee goods bring iconic characters from the nation’s favourite films including Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc. and The Incredibles into people’s homes, schools and workplaces, and will be available in TK Maxx and Homesense stores and online exclusively on the TK Maxx website.
The collection of Red Nose Day 2021 t-shirts for both adults and children is raising money for Comic Relief. Thet-shirts feature renowned Pixar characters such as Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Nemo and Woody interacting with the signature Red Noses. With a number of different themes from the iconic Pixar offering, everyone can get into character this Red Nose Day.
Renowned photographer, Matt Holyoak, has shot a whole host of celebrities from the worlds of fashion, entertainment and sport who are pledging their support for the campaign, including James McAvoy, Olivia Colman, Sabrina Elba, Jimmy Carr, Laura Whitmore, Andrea McLean, Abbey Clancy, AJ Odudu, Vick Hope, David Gandy and Jamal Edwards.
With prices starting at just £6.99 for a kid’s t-shirt and £9.99 for an adult’s, at least £2.50 from the sale of every children’s t-shirt and £4 from the adult’s will go to Comic Relief. The money raised goes towards supporting mental health issues, aiming to provide a safe place to live and to fight for gender justice, helping children and young people in the UK and around the world to get the best start in life.
Pixar characters are also a part of a limited edition Homesense collection, purposely designed for Red Nose Day. The products incorporate historic characters like Jessie from Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story and Carl from Up that interact with the iconic Red Nose. The featured goods include aprons and accessories such as water bottles, notebooks, tote bags and tea towels. This line will be available exclusively in Homesense stores and online at www.txmaxx.com.
Matt Holyoak also captured celebrities wearing the Homesense aprons to support Red Nose Day. Famous faces include Nicola Adams, Monica Galetti, Nadine Coyle, Kimerley Walsh, Marcus Wareing, Michel Roux, The Hairy Bikers, Emma Willis, Levis Roots and Giles & Esther Coren.
The aprons are priced at £9.99, with at least £4 from each individual sale going to Comic Relief.
Disney also worked with TK Maxx and Homesense in 2019 for Red Nose Day. The products featuring Disney characters that year were one of the highest selling Comic Relief ranges to date for TK Maxx and Homesense, raising an amazing £2.1 million. In 2013, Disney directly raised over £200,000 for Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day through corporate donations, employee fundraising and sales of a special edition Mickey plush and reusable shopper bags at Disney Stores in UK.
Ruth Davison, Chief Executive at Comic Relief, said: “Over the last 15 years, TK Maxx has produced outstanding t-shirt designs and homeware items which have raised millions of pounds for the vital charities we support, thanks to their generous customers. This year’s brilliant t-shirt range is no exception – it’s wonderful to see such iconic and much-loved Pixar characters feature in the official Red Nose Day 2021 range.
“The money raised will make a real difference to people’s lives in the UK and around the world. I’m proud that the t-shirts are also Fairtrade certified with cotton grown by farmers in Western Uganda, helping to create opportunities for local families and communities.”
Red Nose Day is back on Friday 19 March 2021 and will aim to bring the UK together to show just how powerful humour can be through the toughest of times. It has never felt more important to raise smiles and money for those who are struggling more than ever, as the continued impact of COVID-19 brings unprecedented challenges to many. Be it at school, work or home, people across the UK will put on Red Noses, don t-shirts and pull out all the stops to raise as much money as possible.
About Disney x Red Nose Day
- In 2013, Disney directly raised over £200,000for Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day through corporate donations, employee fundraising and the sales of a special edition Mickey plush and reusable shopper bags at Disney Stores in the UK.
- At Disney, acting responsibly and doing the right thing for families is an integral part of our brand purpose and this includes investing in the health and well-being of people and the planet.
About Red Nose Day 2021:
- https://www.comicrelief.com/rednoseday or follow @ComicRelief on social media for the latest Red Nose Day content, news and information.
About Comic Relief:
- Red Nose Day is an initiative of Comic Relief which is the trading name of Charity Projects, a registered charity in England and Wales (326568) and Scotland (SC039730).
About TK Maxx:
- TK Maxx is Europe’s leading off-price apparel and homeware retailer selling a huge assortment of big names and designer labels, top brands, up-and-coming labels and exciting gems at up to 60% less than the RRP and at a significant discount to the price in a department store or on the high street, every single day.
- As at February 2020¹ TK Maxx has 594 stores in six countries across Europe: the UK, Ireland, Poland, Germany, Austria and the Netherlands and is online at www.tkmaxx.com.
- TK Maxx is committed to being a responsible retailer whether in the community, as an employer, in the supply chain or in the environment.
- TK Maxx is part of TJX Europe which comprises the TK Maxx and Homesense brands. TJX Europe is part of The TJX Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TJX).
- Homesense is part of the TK Maxx family and operates an exciting off-price concept which offers unique and branded homeware, always up to 60% less than the recommended retail price. Opportunistic buying, established relationships with vendors and a no frills operation mean Homesense can pass huge savings onto the customer.
- The average Homesense store receives several deliveries per week with each delivery containing thousands of items, which means stock is constantly fresh.
- Homesense is the place to find extraordinary to everyday homeware and offers a unique treasure hunt shopping experience where customers can experience the thrill of finding an amazing brand or one-off gem every time they visit.
- Homesense is committed to being a responsible retailer whether in the community, as an employer, in the supply chain or in the environment.
- Homesense launched in the UK in 2008, and in Ireland in 2017. There are now over 60 stores across the UK and 2 in Ireland. It is part of TJX Europe which comprises the Homesense and TK Maxx and brands. TJX Europe is part of The TJX Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TJX).
- Follow Homesense on Instagram @homesense_ukie / Twitter @HomesenseUK and become a fan on Facebook.